US Navy Week
In May 2012, Desautel Hege Communications (DHC) served as a subcontractor for Fleishman-Hillard Inc., an international communications firm, to plan, execute, and analyze services for Spokane Navy Week 2012 from May 13-May 20, 2012.
DHC provided coordination between participating Navy entities including Flag Officer hosts (Rear Admirals Kovacich and Asbjornsen), Navy band, Leap Frogs parachute jump team, regional Navy Recruiting Districts, the local Navy Operational Support Center, hometown sailors and more.
We served as “boots on the ground” throughout planning and the week of on behalf of the U.S. Navy, leveraging local relationships and strong, first-hand expertise about the Lilac City to successfully plan a series of government, civic, community, and media opportunities for the U.S. Navy throughout the week.
Our scope of work included:
• Event planning, scheduling, coordination and tracking for 98 events in one week
• Community outreach and community relations activities with in-person impressions (event attendance totaling 331,301)
• Intra and inter-organizational message alignment
• Local media background coordination resulting in 228,873 print impressions (circulation), 300,800 TV/radio impressions, and 442,616 online impressions
• Post-event internal reporting and performance analysis that indicated total impressions throughout the week were 1,303,590